Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Patterns









Whether it is life or objects, patterns fascinate me.

Change can be challenging. Why I wonder? Really, what is change other than a pattern we are accustomed to being altered. At this time in my life, when I am approaching another change, I wonder more about what new patterns I will observe and which ones will entice me to move in another direction.


As in photography, patterns are intriguing. Patterns of colours, outlines of shapes, blueprints of lines, and dances of light.


I decided to go through some of my photos and pick out a couple that illustrate some patterns that have moved me to capture them.

The first photo is a pattern that caught my interest at a friends home on a piece of pottery. I loved the colours, the randomness of the design and the way the light played with the colours.

The second photo is of our Christmas tree. It was leaning up against our deck after being disrobed following the holidays. Waiting for its final celebration - the tree burning bonfire. I just loved how the snow clung to some areas and yet left others so barren.

If you have patterns in your life you are discovering or have enjoyed, I would love to hear about them:)

No comments: